"Houston Heights" Top 5 Page for this destination Heights Tip by H-TownJourneyman
Heights, Houston: 2 reviews and 5 photos
The Houston Heights, known simply as The Heights to locals, is one of the oldest and most historic parts of the city. When it was founded as a suburb northwest of downtown in the 1890's, it was connected to the city center by a trolley rail. Early in the 1900's Houston swallowed The Heights as it expanded outward, but unlike most parts of the city that have been subjected to demolition, and then reconstruction or renovation, this community retained many of it's old buildings and homes. Taking a drive down Heights Blvd. and viewing some of the old Victorian style homes is a very unique and impressive sight. This, along with the immense amounts of antique shops, tiny aged buidings, and numerous Mom & Pop stores gives it the feel of a small town within the big city. Definately worth a visit!
More Reviews (82)
- See All Fancy-Schmancy Downtown Nightclub
- See All Restaurant, Brewery, Sports Bar: Call It...
- See All Old World Style In Downtown Houston!
- See All Houston Turkish Festival
- See All Houston Astrodome
- See All Mega Mall of The Woodlands
- See All The Historic Rice Hotel Building
- So You're Traveling To Houston?!
- Feeling HOT HOT HOT!!!
- Space Center Houston - This is NASA?
- See All Beware Of The Speed Traps!
- See All Choose Hobby Airport
H-TownJourneyman's Related Pages
Have you been to Houston?Share Your Travels