"Transco Tower, don't call me Williams!!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Theater District Tip by H-TownJourneyman
Theater District, Houston: 4 reviews and 4 photos
The Williams Tower, formerly known as and still known to all Houstonians as the Transco Tower, is located in the Uptown District next to the Galleria Mall. It is a beautiful 64 story glass structure, and what makes it unusual is that at 903 ft., it is the tallest building in the world not located in a central business district. A huge rotating beacon light atop it can be seen across the city, which also gives it a unique characteristic among skyscrapers of the city. Built in 1983, it was named after Transco Energy Corporation, and then after Williams Energy when it was purchased in the late 1990's.
More Reviews (82)
- See All Fancy-Schmancy Downtown Nightclub
- See All Restaurant, Brewery, Sports Bar: Call It...
- See All Old World Style In Downtown Houston!
- See All Houston Turkish Festival
- See All Houston Astrodome
- See All Mega Mall of The Woodlands
- See All The Historic Rice Hotel Building
- So You're Traveling To Houston?!
- Feeling HOT HOT HOT!!!
- Space Center Houston - This is NASA?
- See All Beware Of The Speed Traps!
- See All Choose Hobby Airport
H-TownJourneyman's Related Pages
Have you been to Houston?Share Your Travels