Prince Albert: "Prince Albert - Notting Hill, West London" Top 5 Page for this destination London Nightlife Tip by sue_stone

London Nightlife: 1,242 reviews and 1,310 photos

Cheers Anita!
by sue_stone

One icy Friday night I was meeting up with some VT friends for dinner. Before dinner I met up with Anita (AussieMadCow) for a drink and a chat. Dinner was in Notting Hill, so we looked for a place for a drink nearby, and stumbled upon the Prince Albert.

Located just a minutes walk from Notting Hill Gate tube, this is a corner pub that seemed to be a popular place on a Friday night. Busy and noisy, though inviting, we managed to find a couple of spare stools in the NON SMOKING section of the pub!! I was thrilled with the smoke free environment, as this is one of the reasons that I rarely venture into a pub in London.

So, happily able to breathe, small glass of Pinot Grigio in hand, Anita and I got down to some serious gossip about life and love.

I have read some questionable reviews about the food at the Prince Albert, though it did look ok when we saw plates go by. Perhaps it is best to stick to just drinking here, as most people appeared to be doing.

There was a good vibe here and I would return, particularly because of the non smoking zone.

Dress Code: Didn't see any dress policy/restrictions posted.
The crowd were mostly post-work, so people were dressed smartly...and remember, this is a fairly trendy part of London...

Address: 11 Pembridge Road, Notting Hill, London, W11 3HQ
Directions: Nearest Tube: Notting Hill Gate - 1 minute walk
Phone: 020 7727 7362
Theme: Eating and Drinking

• Written Feb 11, 2006

sue_stone Used To Live Here!

Have you been to London?