"Old Melbourne Gaol" Top 5 Page for this destination Old Melbourne Gaol Tip by ATXtraveler
Old Melbourne Gaol, Melbourne: 24 reviews and 45 photos
The Flintstones must have been well ahead of their time, and must have come to Melbourne at some point. This is obvious because their theme song makes reference to "You'll have a Ga-ol time!"
One of the most referenced locations in Melbourne is the Old Melbourne Gaol, which became famous internationally as the location in which Ned Kelly was hanged. Ned was an infamous bushranger who was responsible for many Victorian Police Officers death, while alledgedly avenging his mother's honour.
The National Trust of Australia - Victoria has been in charge of the restoration of this location, which was originally erected in the mid 1800's.
Today there has been much debate about whether the location is actually haunted, with some believing that it is actually Ned Kelly's mother that is hanging about waiting for her sons to come back and avenge their death.
Address: Russell Street between LaTrobe and Victoria
Phone: (03 ) 9663 7228
More Reviews (61)
- See All Tullamarine International Airport (MEL)
- See All Vietnamese Bun like none other
- See All Head out to the Great Ocean Road
- Public Toilets close at 5pm!!
- See All Melbourne's Royal Exhibition Building
- See All Melbourne... The European Wannabe
- See All May Packing List - Autumn
- See All Business Fashion or Reservoir Dogs...
- See All Have your Shop on Sunday in Southbank
- See All Stroll down the banks of the Yarra
- CBD's Golden Hotel
Been to Melbourne?Share your travels with the world!
ATXtraveler's Related Pages
Have you been to Melbourne?Share Your Travels