"Polish or... Chinese dolls and others" Top 5 Page for this destination Gifts Tip by matcrazy1
Gifts, Warsaw: 14 reviews and 32 photos
There were street stalls set up along Nowomiejska street, opposite to milk bar (Bar Pod Barbakanem). Hmm... I saw there unbelievable kitchy, fluffy, monkey-like mascots holding Polish national flag which provoked me to think over balance between protection for the image of the national flag and free market with human right to have a choice and own taste.
What to buy: I also saw pretty Warsaw postcards, travel books on Warsaw (in English, French and German) and some small gifts sold there (open my next pictures). I know one VT-er who collects dolls dressed in local costumes and buys them in each country she visits. The dolls on my picture were waiting for her :-). Well, excuse, maybe the dolls were made in China...
What to pay: Average Warsaw (high as for Poland) prices. Some 40 zl (10.5 euros) per doll.
Address: Ul. Nowomiejska; Warszawa; Polska
Directions: At the northern edge of the Old Town. From the Barbican walk northwards Nowomiejska St., on the right corner of Mostowa St. Click on the map here
Phone: None, I guess :-)
More Reviews (249)
- See All Warsaw in European Union
- See All Architectural details in the Old Town
- See All For caffee break
- See All Drastic scenes
- Bring a cell phone and others
- See All On Nazi and Soviet terror
- See All Making friends, romance, love... :-)
- See All Open from May to September only!
- See All Simple, basic, the cheapest(8.7 euros...
- See All Off the beaten path walk through park
- See All Workout room and sauna
- See All Where to walk and not to walk?
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Warsaw?Share Your Travels