"Central Park...? I want Central Perk!" Central Park Tip by sugarpuff

• Central Park...? I want Central Perk! - New York City
      Take a carriage ride
      Sitting in Central Park
    by sugarpuff
      Preparing the ice for the children's party
      Tranquil at night
    by sugarpuff

Yes yes I know, a bit lame and yes I do tend to know most of the 'Friends' series' off by heart, but it would have been fun to have seen it! Anyhow, we walked all the way up from the United Nations to the Upper East side where we entered Central Park from. It was however already 7pm and it was so dark we couldnt really get a feel for it. What I did appreciate the most though was the fact that you can run through it, take leisurely walks, have fun with your children or maybe a romantic walk with your loved one...

You may wonder why I was so taken by the park, and its all because here in China you dont really get to do any of that. There are so many people that its virtually impossible to find a small area of land just for yourself, and also here in the People's Rebublic, you are not allowed to step on the grass, so that takes away any pleasure of having a picnic somewhere! We saw lots of parents with their children who were all wearing ice hockey outfits and so we followed them and ended up at the ice skating rink where I think there was a private party for them. They looked so excited and ready to jump out onto the ice, which if you have read my other tips you will know doesnt interest me whatsoever! But it was fun to watch anyhow.

Address: Central Park, New York, NY 10022
Directions: Bounded by Centeral Park West & 5th Ave. and W. 110thSt. & W. 59 th St.
Phone: (212) 310-6600
Website: http://www.centralpark.org/

• Updated Feb 5, 2006

Comments

sugarpuff

“Smell the spices, see the smiles and hear the laughter and whisperings of the locals.”

Have you been to New York City?