"A home from home!!!!" Chinatown Tip by sugarpuff

Chinatown, New York City: 105 reviews and 139 photos

Oh China....wherever I go, you tend to follow me no matter HOW far i go away from you...why do you do this to me?!!!! "Well it's your own fault" I hear you say " if you decide to go to Chinatown of COURSE she will follow you!" I know I know...but I wanted to see what it looked like!!! The difference between ChinaTown NY and ChinaTown London is that here they speak Mandarin, and in England, mainly Cantonese. That obviously made my life easier as I could speak to them here. Well actually I didnt really NEED to speak to them as they could all speak English, but sometimes it just slipped out! We found lots of cheapie shops and bought the obligatory 'I heart NY' t-shirts and some keyrings and postcards. Great deal on postcards there....10 for $1...we were later to find on our return trip a place that sold 20 for $1, so we bought some more from there too!

This area is quite vast and spreads out for many streets so you could easily spend an hour walking around this place. It spills out onto Little Italy which was our next port of call.

Address: Manhattan, New York City,
Directions: Canal Street stop. From there, proceed by foot through Canal Street and explore the area.
Phone: (212) 346-9288
Website: http://www.explorechinatown.com/

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Written Feb 5, 2006

Comments

sugarpuff

“Smell the spices, see the smiles and hear the laughter and whisperings of the locals.”

Have you been to New York City?