"Pretty and bad grafitti" Top 5 Page for this destination Buildings, streets... Tip by matcrazy1

Buildings, streets..., Warsaw: 23 reviews and 47 photos

by matcrazy1

Walking off the beaten path Warsaw streets I found quite numerous graffiti, suprisingly mostly pretty and saying something... The inscription in my picture says "Masters do not make mistakes but present different arguments." The grafitti was signed the Third Wave (check my local custom tip).

From a foreign visitor's point of view the art of the street, although being a part of authentic local culture, maybe difficult to understand because of common use of local language and lack of knowledge of local up-to-date events or culture. Being abroad I usually take pictures of those more interesting or common wall pieces of arts and sometimes after coming back home I ask someone (a local) on VT what they mean.

Well, in Warsaw there was one quite common abbrevation "CHWDP" written on walls of Warsaw buildings, in my hometown as well :-(. Hmm... I can't translate it to you here because of the two very bad Polish words but let me say it's extremely (and certainly unjusty) offensive to Polish police and usually written by football hooligans fighting from time to time against police.

othercontact: http://www.3fala.art.pl
Website: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grafitti

• Written Feb 1, 2006

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Have you been to Warsaw?