"Pretty and bad grafitti" Top 5 Page for this destination Buildings, streets... Tip by matcrazy1
Buildings, streets..., Warsaw: 23 reviews and 47 photos
Walking off the beaten path Warsaw streets I found quite numerous graffiti, suprisingly mostly pretty and saying something... The inscription in my picture says "Masters do not make mistakes but present different arguments." The grafitti was signed the Third Wave (check my local custom tip).
From a foreign visitor's point of view the art of the street, although being a part of authentic local culture, maybe difficult to understand because of common use of local language and lack of knowledge of local up-to-date events or culture. Being abroad I usually take pictures of those more interesting or common wall pieces of arts and sometimes after coming back home I ask someone (a local) on VT what they mean.
Well, in Warsaw there was one quite common abbrevation "CHWDP" written on walls of Warsaw buildings, in my hometown as well :-(. Hmm... I can't translate it to you here because of the two very bad Polish words but let me say it's extremely (and certainly unjusty) offensive to Polish police and usually written by football hooligans fighting from time to time against police.
More Off The Beaten Path in Warsaw (24)
More Reviews (239)
- See All Warsaw in European Union
- See All Architectural details in the Old Town
- See All For caffee break
- See All Gifts and books on Warsaw
- See All Drastic scenes
- Bring a cell phone and others
- See All On Nazi and Soviet terror
- See All Making friends, romance, love... :-)
- See All Open from May to September only!
- See All Simple, basic, the cheapest(8.7 euros...
- See All Workout room and sauna
- See All Where to walk and not to walk?
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Warsaw?Share Your Travels