VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Indians in Warsaw? And in Belarus?" Top 5 Page for this destination Culture Tip by matcrazy1

Culture, Warsaw: 39 reviews and 77 photos

THE THIRD WAVE IN WARSAW :-)
by matcrazy1

I found identical, little but pretty graffiti three times in Warsaw always off the beaten path. The face of Indian fighter was accompanied by inscription in Polish language: "Rise the Fighters of the Third Wave." I have never seen them outside Warsaw.

But once I saw similar inscription in the city of Bielsko-Biala, close to my hometown, in southern Poland. It's very close to the Beskidy mountains, and one of my friends once called people living there Indians :-). The team 3Fala (The Third Wave) was born just in Bielsko-Biala in 1998. It's an unformal (underground, unofficial, illegal, not registered - choose what you need :-) group or movement of partly anonymous people who are joined by love to graffiti and who paint grafitti in... beautiful way, I have to say.

They run a fascinating portal on the art of the street that is graffiti (partly in English, too - link below). My congratulations guys/boys or opss... women/girls. Do continue this way! I like your report from Belarus, my future travel destination, no doubt! Could you create and paint new, underground VirtualTourist.com logo, please?

Website: http://www.3fala.art.pl/en.php

• Updated Feb 1, 2006

Comments

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Have you been to Warsaw?