"definately well-guarded" Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum Tip by myspices
Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Hanoi: 82 reviews and 153 photos
We were told earlier by the guide that we were not able to view the embalmed body of Uncle Ho as it is closed for 3months each year while HCM's embalmed body is being sent to Russia for maintenance. We were rather disappointed. Nevertheless, we still opt to go over to get a glimpse of the the mausoleum - HCM's final resting place. Guards were stationed at the entrance and we were lucky in the sense that we witnessed the changing of guard outside the mausoleum.
Facts about HCM's Mausoleum
* built between 1973 and 1975 of native materials gathered from all over Vietnam
* HCM's embalmed body is in a glass sarcophagus set deep in the bowels of monumental edifice.
* Vietnamese treat this as a pilgrimage - they show deep respect and admiration for HCM, who is honoured for his role as the liberator for the Vietnamese people from colonialism.
Address: Hung Vuong
Directions: Ba Dinh District
Phone: +84 4 3845 5128
More Things to Do in Hanoi (14)
More Reviews (31)
- See All More "small eats" in Hanoi
- See All Art pieces - Original or Copy, Prints &...
- Bring these ....
- See All Taxis - from Noi Bai Airport
- See All Watch out for Pickpockets
myspices' Related Pages
Have you been to Hanoi?Share Your Travels