"Take a private longtail!" Boat Trips, Ferry Rides and River Cruises Tip by LakeFever

Grand Palace in the Background

Grand Palace in the Background
    by LakeFever
      I gave him a beer.....to the driver??
    by LakeFever
      One of only two changs I drank in a month
      vrooom....theres an engine.
    by LakeFever
      kick back and relax....enjoy the sights.
    by LakeFever

On a suggestion from a Tuk Tuk driver we headed down to one of the piers not far off from the hussle and bussle of the city centre. We were met by a gentleman selling longtail tours of the river....he presented us with a map (which didnt mean to much really), showing us the route and different things we would see. Opening price was 600b ea but we negotiated for $500B ea on the promise I would buy some beer as well.
Right away we were on the boat and off around Bangkok. I really have no idea where we were taken but it was quite nice. The trip was about an hour and we had a great time sitting back and letting the wind flow through our hair. The boat travelled a a pretty good clip and we felt like we saw a lot of things....mostly houses on the river, some temples, some market, some vendors coming up to the boat - at certain predetermined times on the route Im sure.
In any case, we really enjoyed ourseleves...you pay a little more for the private trip but if it is something your into, it can be rather fun. This was the kick off to our time in Bangkok...probably 6 or 7 hrs after we landed.

Address: Saphan Taksin Stn., Bangkok
Directions: Located throughout the city.
Phone: 02-866-3163-4
Website: http://www.chaophrayatouristboat.com

• Written Jan 30, 2006

Comments

LakeFever

“If and when you get into the endzone, act like you have been there a thousand times before.”

Have you been to Bangkok?