"Walking Tours - Bruce Bell Tours" St. Lawrence Market Tip by RWFAN

St. Lawrence Market, Toronto: 39 reviews and 95 photos

The Gooderham Building (AKA the FlatIron)
      The Gooderham Building (AKA the FlatIron)
      Bruces new book - Toronto: A Pictorial Celebration
      St Lawrence Market
    by RWFAN

My most recent visit to the city was to take a walking tour of St. Lawrence Market and the surrounding neighbourhood. I have to say that it was the most enjoyable walking tour I have ever been on before, and I've done my fair share!

Our tour guides name was Bruce Bell. He made the trip worth making for sure. He does the tour that we went on every Friday morning at 10AM, just meet in the St. Lawrence Market entry, rain or shine. He was very knowledgeable, but not in the kind of way that makes you think he sat infront of huge textbooks and read them over and over until he had it memorized....he has a true passion for the history of the city and could answer any questions we threw at him. He will also do custom tours....for example, CasaLoma only has automated tours so you can pay him to go through with you and tell you everything you could ever want to more and then some!

He plays a big role in preserving the history of the city too. He's on various commitees dedicated to the cause, and some of the historical plaques we saw said "A Bruce Bell History Project" He's done countless things, all of which you can read about on his website. He also has one book out already, and another scheduled for release this week...... overall I cannot say enough good things about Bruce Bell.....I'll never take another tour of the city with anyone but him.

Address: 92 Front Street E Toronto,ON. M5E 1C4
othercontact: email: bruce@brucebelltours.com
Phone: (416) 350-1295
Website: http://www.brucebelltours.com

• Written Jan 28, 2006

“Why Wait??”

Have you been to Toronto?