"VT-caravan invaded Warsaw" Top 5 Page for this destination Memories Tip by matcrazy1

Memories, Warsaw: 36 reviews and 146 photos

• TASIA (Tasia) FROM MINSK, BELARUS - Warsaw
      RUSKET (Rusket), NORWAY AND BRAD (bradbrown), USA
  • BUON APPETITE, RUSKET (Rusket) - Warsaw
  • BUON APPETITE, PAUL (BodX) - Warsaw
      CHEERS, TASIA (Tasia)
    by matcrazy1

Fondest memory: After swimming naked in Finland, drinking vodka in Estonia and meeting sweet girls in Latvia and Lithuania, the VT caravan - on their way to giant London VT-meeting - arrived to Warsaw on Thursday, the 19th of January, 2006. This group consisted of 6 people of whom I knew Brad and Claus from the first European VT-meeting in Vallegio sul Mincio, Italy in May, 2005:
1. BodX - Paul from Sydney, Australia
2. bradbrown - Bradley Brown from Wichita, Kansas, USA
3. cachaseiro - Claus Andersen from Denmark
4. poons - June from Stafford, United Kingdom
5. Razmatac - Rasmus from Copenhagen, Denmark
6. Rusket - Rusket from Stavanger, Norway.

They had not been let in Belarus due to lack of transit visas and being kicked off the train to Minsk at the Lithuanian-Belarusian border they had to come back to Vilnius, Lithuania. They couldn't get visas to Belarus in Vilnius (embassy was closed that day), so they got a bus to Warsaw and surprisigly came to Warsaw a day before. They stayed in Okidoki hostel. Brad called me, or better to say Urszula :-). Later, at night, while I was busy packing, the folks had a party with Brazilians at the hostel. Brad (well known as Robocop :-) didn't sleep a lot, I guess but he was waiting for us at the Warsaw Central Station in the morning of 20th January. Thanks, Brad; after picking up Agnieszka (Aggie_K) and Tasia you know this station better than me, I guess :-). Well, there were first Brad's hugs to Urszula and me :-) and we got a taxi to Okidoki hostel where we met the rest of the group.

• Updated Jan 25, 2006

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Have you been to Warsaw?