"The Most Helpful Staff Ever!" Mercure Nice Marche aux Fleurs Tip by Traveler342

Mercure Nice Marche aux Fleurs, Nice: 653 reviews and 4 photos

From the Beach
by Traveler342

So, we may not have had the best planned trip ever - my travel buddy and I realized that we had an extra day on our Eurorail Pass and thought Nice sounded like a good side-trip. We arrived at about midnight to the largest block-party I've ever seen in my entire life. The entire city was alive. Unfortunately, that also meant just about every hotel in town was locked up tight, trying to avoid drunken revelers straggling into their lobby. We found one of the Mercure hotels, and the guy perked up the moment we walked in the door. With our huge packs and haggered look, I'm sure he could tell we weren't part of the party crowd and wanted to help. He said he didn't have room for us, but his colleague did. About 15 seconds later, he gave us an address and said the guy was holding a room for it, and he'd give us a discount.

We were astounded. We managed to find the hotel he'd directed us to, and discovered that not only were we right on the beach next door to the Opera House, but we had the biggest balcony and best view in the entire hotel. It became one of the highlights of our entire trip. All the staff at the Mercure hotels were wonderful. the room was beautiful and a better location than we ever could have hoped for on our budget. In the morning we had a lovely time exploring the city. I'd absolutely stay at Mercure again.

Address: Promenade des Anglais