Hotels in Tsetserleg, Arvaikkheer & Dalanzadgad: "Various Mongolian Hotels" Top 5 Page for this destination Mongolia Hotel Tip by hayward68

Mongolia Hotels: 75 reviews and 97 photos

Tsetserleg hotel, east side of town

Tsetserleg hotel, east side of town
      Arvaikheer hotel
      Dalanzadgad hotel
    by hayward68

We stayed in four different hotels as we travelled the country, one night in each. The quality didn't really change much from town to town, they were extremely basic and most had one thing in common, if it's too early in the tourist season you either get just cold water or cold water only at a certain time of day.
The hotel is Tsetserleg is the main picture, conventiently placed beside Fairfield restaurant. It had a small bathroom with a shower, not that I wanted a cold shower as it was freezing outside and we were using a space heater in the room. We were a little leery of the heater as it had bare wires plugged into the same socket as the TV. This building housed the Neptune Club which is where we got our evening meal. There was also a graduation party going on and we could hear the music from our room.
In Arvaaikheer we ended up at a large room in what looked like a very political builiding, pictures of whom we assumed were political leaders were in the hallway. Right nearby was a bar which served excellent meals though I don't remember the name, it was only a door or two to the left as you exited.
In Dalanzadgad we looked at two hotels and chose the latter, they were opposite each other. We had two rooms, one with a table and tv and the other had the two twin beds. This was the only hotel where we had hot water so it was great for us as we were able to shower. The only problem is we found ticks on the walls, though they might have come in on our stuff as we had just been at Yolyn Am and my friend had found a tick on him as we were leaving. We kept getting up for tick killing duty. A bar was around the side of the hotel and this is where we had a our meal, quite good and quite inexpensive.

Unique Qualities: Can't say there were any outstanding characteristics, they were all very basic and pretty inexpensive. We were just glad to have a bathroom with a toilet and privacy to be able to change our clothes.
I don't have the names of the hotels, but the towns weren't large so you could just drive around and find them, just remember what they look like from my pics, or possibly you can understand the writing on the signs, I couldn't. The Dalanzadgad hotel was near the bank and post office, around the corner from the post office.
The hotel in Sainshand was much more expensive and cleaner. This is a bigger city though so to be expected. Don't have a photo of it, sorry. We had military people staying in rooms near us.

Comparison: about average
Price: less than US$20
Theme: Hotel

Review Helpfulness: 4 out of 5 stars

• Updated Jan 21, 2006

Comments

hayward68

“I didn't lose my mind, it was mine to give away”

Have you been to Mongolia?