"BRUSSELS TO PARIS" Europe Favorite Tip by hevbell

Europe General: 595 reviews and 454 photos

river seine
by hevbell

Favorite thing:

Day 5 - The bus leaving Brussels was again overbooked. I was third on the bus but she was counting remaining seats and my friend still wasn't on so I asked the guide to let her on which luckily she did. All this just made me panic more about the whole bus thing..
On the way to Paris the bus stopped at Luxembourg City to drop people off. We weren't stopping here but it seemed like a really pretty city, even just the drive into the city.
Arrived in Paris about 8 or 9pm and made our way to the hostel. There was a Canadian girl in our room who took us to this park with two American guys, one of whom had bongos, and he played his bongos with a bunch of locals, it was pretty cool.
Day 6 - The following day we saw them all again in the hostel before going off to do our own thing. We did the whole touristy bit - Champs Elysee, Arc d' Triomphe, went up the Eiffel Tower blah blah but it transpired later that none of the photos from that day turned out, including ones of the people we met in the hostel which was disappointing. This pic of the Seine was taken on the second day

Fondest memory: Well you can't complain about going to the top of the Eiffel Tower on a beautiful clear day, can you?!! hehe! Just a pity we lost the pictures. Bongos in the park was pretty cool too, a little less touristy!

I didn't experience my favourite thing in Paris, however, until my second visit there. It would definitely be Montmartre.

• Written Jan 20, 2006

“Smile- its the curved line that sets things straight”

Have you been to Europe?