"Rome Pza San Giovanni in Laterano Scala Santa" Top 5 Page for this destination Christian Rome Tip by icunme
Christian Rome, Rome: 125 reviews and 207 photos
The Basilica San Giovanni is here - the first seat of the Pope and the site of the huge sculptures of the 12 apostles. Here also you will find the Shrine of the Holy Stairs - Santa Scala - and one of the oldest images of Christ - given the name of Acheropita because, according to legend, it was miraculously painted without human intervention. It is the Christian custom to climb the Holy Stairs on ones knees and you can expect to see pilgrims ascending the stairs if you visit. There was, for me, an unmistakable aura of reverence and sanctity inside this shrine.
Phone: 06 7726641 Passionist Missionary
More Off The Beaten Path in Rome (56)
More Reviews (185)
- See All Sushi in Rome
- See All CARAVAGGIO Exhibit - Palazzo Venezia
- See All 3-star in 5-star location
- See All Biggest MALL in Rome - Parco Leonardo
- See All Low Cost Airport Transfer - USO Rome...
- See All Christmas Eve 7 Fish Traditional Dinner
- See All Should I rent a scooter to see Rome?
- See All Tram
- See All Bike and Hike along the Via Appia Antica
- See All JONATHAN'S ANGELS - not an angel seen...
- Villa Borghese overpriced and surley...
Been to Rome?Share your travels with the world!
icunme's Related Pages
Have you been to Rome?Share Your Travels