"Don't Get Caught Out!" Pickpockets Tip by Cazee

Pickpockets, Prague: 116 reviews and 47 photos

I carried out loads of research before I went to Prague and I read about Pick Pockets. I was well prepared and I wore my bag over my shoulder as a decoy. My sister was going mad saying don't be daft, we'll be fine. We went in December and we were in the old square, the Christmas lights kept on cutting out in different places in the square and the Christmas tree had fallen down a few days earlier hurting some tourists. Me and my sister got briefly separated as I was messing about and she was slightly ahead. We were in a dark part of the square near the pony rides. Then I felt something touch me and not go away. I turned around and there was a big group of about 8 lads huddled together in a line. They were pretending to look like part of a crowd and shielding each other so no one could see. I quickly moved off and rejoined my sister. When I checked my bag it was open. Luckily my decoy had worked and I had left my camera at the hotel as I had forgotten a battery for it. I was really glad I had been prepared. It still shook me up and I was glad I hadn't listened to my sister.

Review Helpfulness: 2 out of 5 stars