"Anatolian Civilizations Museum" Ankara Things to Do Tip by basak

Ankara Things to Do: 172 reviews and 421 photos

by basak

Anatolian Civilizations Museum is the most visited museum of old country. It was selected as the best museum in Europe in 1997. The items from BC 50.000 to BC 2000 is exhibited in the museum. It is possible to see how cavern poeple were living in Anatolia by visiting this e museum. The most interesting object for me was the skull of the King Midas since i previouslu watched on a TV documentary how the historians proved that it was his skull.

At the entrance of the museum an old man approached me and my sister and offered us to guide in the museum for 20YTL.. I am glad that we accepted his offer. He gave as a tour for 1 and half hour. I learned lots of things about the antic world from this retired history teacher.

Since this museum and Rahmi Koc Museum are very close to each other i recommend you to visit both on the same day and have your lunch or dinner at one of the nice touristic restaurants in the castle.

Directions: The museum is at Atpazari district of Ankara. It is very close to the entrance of Kale (Castle)

• Updated Jan 18, 2006

Comments

basak Lives Here!

Have you been to Ankara?