"Nice hotel-great price" Red Lion Salem Tip by kimod74

Red Lion Salem, Salem: 722 reviews and 0 photos

The Red Lion Salem was a very nice hotel for Red Lion standards, I was expecting it to be nice and it was. Red Lion are the hotels that "used to be" of excellent quality but over the years some of them have become old and they are not the great hotels they used to be. However, I still like Red Lion hotels. This one was very nice, room was large, restaurant and a bar on site, rooms were very clean, staff at front desk were very nice and helpful, I really enjoyed this hotel.

We got a great deal on the room through priceline.com, we only paid $55 for one night.

Unique Qualities: This hotel has:
Restaurant - Lounge - Complimentary Parking - Dataports -High-Speed Internet - Fitness Facilities - Swimming Pool- Whirlpool/Spa -Room Service - Valet/Laundry Service - Pets .

I really enjoyed their lounge on site where you could relax, have a drink and a smoke. All rooms are non-smoking but I think it is great they let you smoke in the bar.

Address: 3301 Market St Ne, Salem, OR 97301
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: From Interstate 5 - Take exit #256 to Market Street. Turn west on Market Street and the hotel is located less than 2 blocks on your right side.
Phone: 1-800-RED-LION
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://redlion.rdln.com/HotelLocator/HotelOverview.aspx?metaID=42

• Updated Jan 16, 2006

Comments

kimod74

“Life is a bore without travel.”

Have you been to Salem?