"We Make Some Friends" Top 5 Page for this destination Cheddar Gorge Tip by Bwana_Brown

Cheddar Gorge, Somerset: 9 reviews and 17 photos

With our South Korean Friends

With our South Korean Friends
      In Cheddar Gorge
    by Bwana_Brown

Having stopped in the Gorge to take a few photographs, I noticed a young couple slightly uphill from me trying to take photographs of each other. When I offered to help them out by taking a shot of the two of them they very happily agreed to my proposal. Just as we finished up, they spotted their two friends coming up the hill toward us and shouted to them to hurry up so they could all get into a photo. Once I had done that for them, they insisted that Sue and I be included in a few shots as well ! These young people from South Korea were having a great time laughing and enjoying the sights as they walked up through Cheddar Gorge from the car-park at the bottom of the hill. My few weeks in South Korea many years ago came in handy as I was able to use one of the two emergency phrases I learned there - phonetically saying 'come sam me duh' (Thank you) to them. Unfortunately, I was not able to use the other phrase of 'hannah beck shew' (One beer)!!!

Directions: Cheddar Gorge

• Updated Jan 19, 2006

Comments

Bwana_Brown

“Don`t sweat the small stuff”

Have you been to Somerset?