"Take A Daytrip to Daylesford" Top 5 Page for this destination Rural Victoria Tip by ATXtraveler
Rural Victoria, Melbourne: 19 reviews and 44 photos
If you are going to be in Melbourne for an extended period of time (more than 5 days), I would definitely recommend an excursion out to Daylesford/Hepburn Springs. It is a 90 minute drive out northwest of downtown Melbourne (less than an hour from the airport) and has beautiful scenery, as well as a big look into Australian country life without the huge drive into the bush.
This area is known as the spa capital of Australia, although many people will dispute that claim. Either way, this is an enjoyable drive, pleasurable scenery and a good backrub or facial spot!
Also, if you are going to make your way out to Daylesford make sure you let Anne12 know you are coming, and special things will be planned for sure. She is a great host and will most likely volunteer for tour guide duty (tips or buying her dinner is suggested for the good tour).
For more information on Daylesford, I have included a link to my Daylesford VT Page.
More Off The Beaten Path in Melbourne (10)
More Reviews (62)
- See All Tullamarine International Airport (MEL)
- See All Vietnamese Bun like none other
- Public Toilets close at 5pm!!
- See All Melbourne's Royal Exhibition Building
- See All Old Melbourne Gaol
- See All Melbourne... The European Wannabe
- See All May Packing List - Autumn
- See All Business Fashion or Reservoir Dogs...
- See All Have your Shop on Sunday in Southbank
- See All Stroll down the banks of the Yarra
- CBD's Golden Hotel
Been to Melbourne?Share your travels with the world!
ATXtraveler's Related Pages
Have you been to Melbourne?Share Your Travels