"Good value" Palm Grove Tip by shortbutkute

View of bedroom
      View of kitchen
      Layout of property
  • Good value - Rarotonga

We had 3 nites at Palm Grove before flying to Aitutaki for 10 nites.

Originally I wanted something that still had "character" but not too expensive as the next place we were staying at was stretching our budget. I did a fair bit of research and in the end got quite confused with the amount of accomodation options and advice on Rarotonga.

I was also tossing up between the beachfront bungalows and the garden studio at one stage. At the time, the price difference was about $50aud extra a nite. Seeing the positions of the buildings once there, I was glad that we went for the garden studio. Purely as a cost issue.

The main part of the resort is actually across a road from the beach. It is a 2min walk if that. If you want to wake up with the view of the beach, then definately the beach bungalows looked great.

You can get some great package deals with air and accomodation, which makes your holiday a lot cheaper

Unique Qualities: We gave the restaurant and especially the bar a pretty good work out. Put it this way, we didn't end up eating anywhere else for dinner whilst we were there. The food was fantastic and the service was great.

Only downfall I can think of (and this may have changed since 2003) - when we arrived in Raro it was about 9.30pm. The restaurant at Palm Grove had closed and without getting a taxi, there was no where we could even get a snack. Like I said it isn't major but if you HAVE to eat, be prepared.

Address: Vaima area
Price Comparison: about average
othercontact: beach@palmgrove.co.ck
Phone: (682) 20002
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Other
Website: http://www.palmgrove.net/

• Updated Jan 12, 2006

More Hotels in Rarotonga (1)

“Life is not measured by the breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!!”

Have you been to Rarotonga?