Alberto's Restaurant: "Mexican Fast Food El Paso Style" El Paso Restaurant Tip by atufft

El Paso Restaurants: 24 reviews and 19 photos

Alberto's Cafe
by atufft

Good authentic tacos are about as good a fast food as one can eat. Alberto's was a needed stop after several hours coming from Tucson, and given the distance required to get to San Antonio. So fast food in El Paso was all we had time for. We took the downtown exit and drove around one-way streets until I spotted this place. It didn't look to be as much of a dive as some other places we had passed. This restaurant is also a sit down place (see photo), and serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner food. One could place the order by cell phone and pick up on the way through. Open daily 7:30-4pm. They have free delivery in the downtown area, so if you are staying in an El Paso Hotel downtown, give them a call.

Favorite Dish: The tacos. Handmade corn torilla, shredded beef, and plenty of fresh tomatoes and lettuce. This was not Taco Bell! And, yet the price was about the same, $15- for two people. I had a chance to drink Horchata and practice my Spanish, but the college student behind the cash register taking orders wanted to converse in English. He was interested in where I was coming from. He told me the the distance from Los Angeles to El Paso is about the same as from El Paso to Houston. Texas is a big state!

Address: 209 Mills Street, El Paso, TX 79901
Comparison: least expensive
Directions: Take downtown exit and drive east. After that you are on your own. We found this place as we prepared to get back onto the freeway along Washington street I believe. If cell phoning your order ask for further clarification concerning directions.
Phone: (915) 351-8700
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 4
Theme: Mexican

• Updated Jan 11, 2006

Comments

atufft

“California is on the edge of the planet, not the center of the universe”

Have you been to El Paso?