Da Ciro: "Friendly Eastside Italian" Da Ciro - CLOSED Tip by Hopkid

Da Ciro - CLOSED, New York City: 1 reviews and 1 photos

Very easy to miss on busy Lexington Avenue, Da Ciro is a warm and cozy restaurant. There isn't a lot of room in this small place but the staff are very friendly, the atmosphere is warm and inviting, and the food is wonderful. The night we were there we waited a bit at the bar for a table near the front window. There were couples, groups of friends, as well as families with small children at the tables. However the atmosphere was not chaotic but was more like being at home.

The bar is very small with only 6 or 8 stools but food may be ordered there and the bartender that night was friendly and accomodating. There were three house reds on offer that night and the two I had were good (a chianti and a montepulciano). I wish I could remember the dishes we ordered but they were all very tasty and did not disappoint. It was apparent that they were a waiter short that night. The manager filled in by coming to our table occassionally to ask how things were going and if we were in need of anything. After our plates had been cleared he came with complimentary tiramisu, apologizing for the lack in service (which we had not complained about in the least...we were in no hurry thankfully). I have to say that tiramisu quality in the U.S. can vary greatly. But the tiramisu at Da Ciro is the best example of the traditional Italian dessert that I have ever come across. Perfetto!

Favorite Dish: From what I can remember, the tiramisu! Don't miss it!

Address: 229 Lexington Avenue
Rating: 4
Theme: Italian
Website: http://www.daciro.com/

• Updated Jan 9, 2006

“I may not be able to see it all, but I can die trying!”

Have you been to New York City?