"Another Long Flight to London" Flights Tip by Marpessa

Flights, London: 47 reviews and 39 photos

My plane at the airport in KL
by Marpessa

My second trip to Europe I decided to try a different airline and went with Malaysia Airlines from Melbourne, Australia to London (via Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia). It took about 8 and a half hours to get to KL, and then about 11 and a half to get to London from there.

Malaysia Airlines was good, and I have to admit that the food was a bit nicer than it was on Singapore Airlines (they also cater to Vegetarians and Vegans, but you must arrange this when booking your tickets).

The seats were comfortable, but on my flights between Melbourne and Kuala Lumpur the spacing of the seats was not comfortable. The usual seating goes: 3 seats - aisle - 4 seats - aisle - 3 seats. On these trips it went: 2 seats - aisle - 5 seats - aisle - 2 seats, and when you're in one of the middle 5, it is not very comfortable.

Also, especially on the flights between Melbourne and KL again, the entertainment was good, but very limited. The selection for music was very good, and you could follow the flight plan of the plane.

To view photos I took on the plane while flying to London, please check out my Pictures From The Air!!! travelogue from my homepage.

Address: Various