"A Long Flight to London" Flights Tip by Marpessa

Flights, London: 47 reviews and 39 photos

Onboard Singapore Airlines
by Marpessa

I flew to London from Melbourne, Australia (via Singapore). It is about an 8 hour flight from Melbourne to Singapore, then I was in transit and waited at the airport for about 3 and a half hours, then from Singapore to London it took about 12 hours. On such a long flight you really want to fly with a company that is going to keep you comfortable (especially when flying Economy Class like I did).

Singapore Airlines was fantastic, the staff were very friendly and helpful. Service was excellent and I never had to ask for anything. In every seat on your arrival is a pillow and blanket, but there was also a little travel case, with socks, a comb, a toothbrush and toothpaste. The seats are comfortable and adjustable.

The meals were good and differed on each flight, they cater to Vegetarians and Vegan (although you have to organize this when buying your tickets as it comes under ?special? meal).

But the best thing about Singapore Airlines is the entertainment ? KrisWorld! They have a selection of over 100 programmes (movies and TV programmes from all over the world), over 200 music CDs (of all genres) as well as video games, the flight plan of your plane and much more.

I have flown over to Europe and back twice, and of the two airlines I?ve flown, I found Singapore Airlines to be the better company.

To view photos I took on the plane while flying to London, please check out my Pictures From The Air!!! travelogue from my homepage.

Address: Various
Mode: TO
Type: Airplane
Website: http://www.singaporeair.com

• Updated Jan 8, 2006

Comments

Marpessa

“Brave New World”