"Ideally situated accommodation" Abigails Hostel Tip by thebrownz

Abigails Hostel, Dublin: 598 reviews and 1 photos

This hotel is in a prime location overlooking the River Liffey. Perfect for shopping and also if you plan to spend the evenings in Temple Bar.
The room was a tad crowded as we had three beds for 2 of us. If the third bed had been removed, it would have been an acceptable size. Not sure how 3 adults would cope in the room as I think it was too small for 3. Consequently, for our next trip (when there will be 3 of us) we have booked a different hotel.
The bathroom was small but perfectly formed and the shower was powerful.
Breakfast was continental but for a small amount of money, a full irish could be ordered.

The downside of the hotel (for me - not necessarily a downside for all) was the fact that as we were in a room at the front of the hotel, it was very noisy. The amount of traffic on that road is phenomenal. First thing in the morning it was not a welcome sound. However, we had requested a room at the front so we only had ourselves to blame. We did not consider the traffic before we did that.
I would stay at the hotel again, however, I would ask for a room at the back of the hotel.

Unique Qualities: Although there was a downside to a room at the front of the hotel, the view of the Liffey was great.

Address: 7-9 Aston Quay, , Dublin, County Dublin 2
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: +353 1 677 9300
Theme: Hotel
Website: http://www.abigailshostel.com

• Written Jan 8, 2006

“You can never have too many holidays.......or pairs of shoes!!”

Have you been to Dublin?