The city: "A city alive in the dark" Copenhagen Nightlife Tip by Marpessa

Sankt Jergens Sø with a full moon

Sankt Jergens Sø with a full moon
      Sankt Jergens Sø & the Søpavillonen on the right
    by Marpessa

I wasn't much of a night creature when I was in Copenhagen, as I was here by myself. So just after sunset, after having spent the day walking around, I would walk back across the city to my hostel (which was in Nørrebro). Copenhagen is a stunning city when it is lit up at night. Tivoli especially, looks beautiful with all its lights on at night (I'll have to come back here again just to go to Tivoli at night).

Unfortunately my camera is not the best for night shots, most of the photos tend to come out a little bit blurry. But I managed to take a couple that were not too bad.

The point for this tip is just that Copenhagen is a beautiful city at night, and while here you should try to explore that side of the city.

My favourite memory of nightime in Copenhagen, was the blue sky just after the sun had set (not quite dark yet, the sky was still a bit pale) and a large full moon hanging over the city. It was beautiful, and I'm sure for any couples that were strolling around the city, very romantic.

Theme: Other

• Updated Sep 9, 2006

Comments

Marpessa

“Brave New World”

Have you been to Copenhagen?