"A Hotel you can call Home" Top 5 Page for this destination Turtle Nest Inn Tip by ScubaCat

Turtle Nest Inn, Grand Cayman: 1,000 reviews and 8 photos

Turtle Nest Inn

Turtle Nest Inn
      Partial view of Living Room
      Partial view of Kitchen
      Me on Turtle Nest Inn Beach
    by ScubaCat

Turtle Nest Inn is what you can truly call a home away from home. That's what we called it anyway. During our stay we always referred to "going home" vs. "going back to the hotel". The Inn has 8 apartments. Yes, that's right, 8 apartments not rooms. Each apartment has a fully stocked kitchen with everything you need & then some. The living room has an entertainment unit with not only a tv but a divd player (there were movies out in the foyer for your viewing pleasure). The living room had the full array of furniture ... loveseat, couch, end table, lamp & coffee table. The bedroom was huge. A queen size bed with two white wicker nightstands on either side & a dresser. It had a full length closet with doors as mirrors & a huge bright light inside the closet! I absolutely loved the layout of the bathroom! You could gain access to the bathroom either from the bedroom or the living room. The balcony was to die for. We could gain access from either the bedroom or the living room & it spanned the entire length of the apartment. Plus, it gave us private beach access. Each apartment has a different floor plan & although we had the smallest apartment at the Inn, it was perfect for the two of us, including all of our scuba equipment/suitcase & other luggage. Let me not forget to mention the housekeeping. They did a bang up job each & every day, changing the linens on the beds, fresh towels & washclothes in the bathroom & something I didn't expect them nor wanted them to do was wash my dishes, but they did! In fact they did such a wonderful job of cleaning the apartments that my husband thought the patio door was open & ended up walking straight into it! Now that was funny!

Unique Qualities: Turtle Nest Inn has many, many unique qualities. Such as the true beach towels in the apartments vs. the white towels you get in the hotels. I mentioned earlier dvd's to be viewed but there were also books and magazines to read. A newspaper was delivered to your door every day. The Inn had a computer upstairs in the hallway with internet access, but if you had your own laptop, each apartment was outfitted with internet access. Our Host and Hostess, Alain and Marleine, were absolutely wonderful! Anytime they saw us they asked if we needed anything. "Of course not, everything was perfect!" When we did have questions regarding the island or needed help with something, they were there with an answer.....or was able to find it in a matter of minutes. Alain & Mareine are truly a dying breed.....they care about their customers & tend to them as if they are their own children. The one unique quality that I enjoyed tremendously was Vitamine and Blackie. Vitamine, Marleine and Alain's cat, would accompany us down to the beach/pool & keep us company. Rubbing up against us & giving us love. At one point Vitamine jumped up onto my belly, settled in & took a nap. I loved it!. Another afternoon, I was exhausted, so we came home & Vitamine and Blackie both came into our apartment to keep us company. We played with both of them awhile, then Vitamine jumped up to the couch to take a nap & I went to lay down on the bed...I really expected her to follow me in there and lay down with me, but alas she didn't . I would have to say that the only regret I have about Turtle Nest Inn is the fact that we left our dive gear at the dive shops, thus not being able to take advantage of the wonderful reef just steps from our door. This was one activity I had planned on doing yet I totally forgot & left my fins & mask behind. Next time I return to Turtle Nest Inn, I won't forget to bring home my mask & fins so I can snorkel in that fantastic reef right behind the Inn.

Address: 166 Bodden Town Road, Bodden Town, Grand Cayman, Cayman Islands, BWI
Price: US$80-120
Theme: Inn
Website: http://turtlenestinn.com

• Written Jan 6, 2006

Comments

ScubaCat

“When the urge hits-just load the tanks & go”

Have you been to Grand Cayman?