VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

Maremma - Trattoria Toscana: "Ahhh, che deliziosa!" Manhattan Island Restaurant Tip by bliss7

Manhattan Island Restaurants: 19 reviews and 33 photos

Kev, Katie, and Tron outside Maremma

Kev, Katie, and Tron outside Maremma
      Inside Maremma.
    by bliss7

Maremma is a new restaurant in the Village. Boy, is the food delicious! The theme of the restaurant is the "Tuscan cowboy." "Maremma," I think, is what they call their horses. Just a guess. Anyway, whoever designed and decorated this place did an outstanding job... I could have stayed there for hours, it is such a cool place. The food is absoluetely divine, and the staff there is very, very nice. The food presentation is also top of the line. There's a parking garage conveniently located right across the street if you'll be driving in.

Favorite Dish: We started the night with some sparkling wine, complements of our friend, Chef Danny. We sampled quite a few appetizers: Tuscan fries, "Sloppy Giuseppe" bruschette, and a dish with hot sausages cooked in onions and peppers. Absolutely delicious! For dinner I had the "Moonshine," which was fusili pasta cooked in a bourbon - creamy sauce. I am not describing it well, but if you are fan of penne with vodka sauce, you will love this dish. We were treated to 5 different desserts... oh where to begin? They had a dark chocolate with vanilla ice cream dish that was amazing, also a flan type dish, again, delicious, and also a blackberry cheesecake which was to die for.

I love this place - I totally recommend it!

Address: 228 West 10th Street
Price Comparison: about average
Directions: On 10th St. between Hudson and Bleecker.
Phone: 212-645-0200
Price: US$31-40
Rating: 5
Theme: Italian

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

Comments

bliss7 Visits Here Frequently!

bliss7

“Wander.”

Have you been to Manhattan Island?