"Chocolate coffee pie" Top 5 Page for this destination Food / Drink Tip by jessicadf
Food / Drink, San Rafael: 24 reviews and 28 photos
This is an Alton Brown recipe, "Moo-less Chocolate Pie." It turned out delicious!
2 cups chocolate chips,
1/3 cup coffee liqueur
1 block silken tofu
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon honey
1 prepared chocolate wafer crust
Place a small metal bowl over a saucepan with simmering water. Melt the chocolate and coffee liqueur in the bowl. Stir in vanilla.
Combine the tofu, chocolate mixture, and honey in the blender jar. Liquefy until smooth.
Pour the filling into the crust and refrigerate for 2 hours, or until the filling is set.
I did some special touches for decorating the pie:
* Sprinkle chocolate cookie crumbs across the top of the pie
* Drizzle melted chocolate across the top of the pie
* Place chocolate covered espresso beans around the diameter
More Warnings and Dangers in San Rafael (22)
More Reviews (38)
- See All Groceries - organic and otherwise
- See All A rare treat: Indonesian food
- See All Hula is GREAT exercise!
- You pretty much need a vehicle
- See All China Camp State Park
jessicadf's Related Pages
Have you been to San Rafael?Share Your Travels