"The Riverside Haven" The Savoy Hotel Tip by Durfun
The Savoy Hotel, London: 4,165 reviews and 9 photos
Ask any honeymooner what they make of this place.
It all begins with the grand entrance and concierge....
The Savoy offers stunning river views, gorgeous interiors and decor; sumptuous corridors, and lavish bathrooms.
The Grill room is managed by the famous or for some the 'infamous' michelin star chef Gordon Ramsay!
This place WILL take your breath away !
Unique Qualities: River views to die for ...
From here you can see it all, the Houses of Parliament, The Millenium Wheel, St Paul's Cathedral, Swiss Reinsurance building, etc...
Rooms here are substantially larger than other London 5-star hotels!!
All the ultimate in toiletries ... Penhaligon's, Floris, etc is all stocked here, just for you to use !!
And ... the shower.... man, that really is something else .... the sheer force of water & the size of the shower-head is UNREAL !!
Fantastic dining, michelin star chef. Golf arranged too!
Address: The Strand, London, WC2R, England
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: If coming from the South of the City, get onto Waterloo bridge, then turn left, and The Savoy is on the Left.
Park up on one of the side streets on the left.
Phone: +44 20 7836 4343
Price: US$180 and up
More Reviews (109)
- See All One New Change
- See All Very Chic Chinese
- See All Funky Belgian beers anyone?
- See All Bicycle hire outside tube stations!
- See All Brick Lane & it's Market
- See All Have a week? Then see these...
- See All Ice-skating outside the Natural History...
- See All Ali-Pali Tower, Ice rink roof, Palace...
- For summer, bring your swimming briefs !
- Good quality warm clothes for winter !
- Shady 'southern' areas..
- Need correct change for buses
Durfun's Related Pages
Have you been to London?Share Your Travels