I have no Idea: "Getting a Hotel at the Airport" Osaka Hotel Tip by AKtravelers

Osaka Hotels: 101 reviews and 139 photos

Two hours after landing at KIX
by AKtravelers

I cannot remember the name of the hotel I staid at in Osaka, but I wouldn't recommend it anyway. The rooms were very small, with a stained carpet, marginal cleanliness and curt service by Japanese standards. However, I can recommend the process by which I got it.
I arrived at Osaka's Airport without a hotel reservation or any idea of where I wanted to stay, knowing only that I wanted easy access to the rail station for excursions to Kyoto and Himeiji. I went to the hotel information kiosk and gave them my parameters and they gave me a list of hotels to choose from and made the reservation right there. My mistake was choosing the cheapest one (you get what you pay for -- $70 a night in Japan doesn't get you much). So, if you arrive in Osaka without accomadation, you shouldn't worry about getting a place, though I recommend picking a higher price range than I did.
The great thing about this process was that it took virtually no time and that within two hours of landing I was at Osaka Castle.

Comparison: about average
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel

• Written Jan 2, 2006

Comments

AKtravelers

“My plan:1. See the world 2. Have a beer”

Have you been to Osaka?