Birley Salt Beef: "Birley Salt Beef - Canary Wharf cafe" Top 5 Page for this destination Briley Salt Beef Bar Tip by sue_stone

Briley Salt Beef Bar, London: 1 reviews and 3 photos

the tastiest sandwich I've had in a long time

the tastiest sandwich I've had in a long time
      Birley Salt Beef
      making the sandwiches
    by sue_stone

One day during my xmas holiday I popped into town to have lunch with Alex, who works at Canary Wharf in the Docklands area.

Canary Wharf is like another world compared to the rest of central London with its modern high-rise office blocks. There are lots of shops, bars and restaurants as well to keep the office workers happy.

I was really keen to try out a place that Alex has been raving about for months - Birley Salt Beef.

This is a small café located within one of shopping arcades that join Canary Wharf tube station to the Dockland Light Rail (DLR) station. They serve fabulous 'New York Deli' style sandwiches packed full of your choice of meat.

There are a small number of tables were you can eat, or you can get your sambo to go.

Favorite Dish: You can choose the type of bread you want, then meat - salt beef or lamb or roast beef or sausage, and then condiments, such as mustard or sauce. Add a pickle as well for the real deal.

We both thoroughly enjoyed our Roast Scotch Beef on Wholemeal with mustard. Alex had an accompanying pickle (I am not a pickle fan). Just had a sparkling water to drink.

The food was DELICIOUS! I really enjoyed it and wish they would open one near where I work!!

Address: One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London E14 5AX
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: Nearest tube: Canary Wharf (tube and DLR)
Phone: 020 7719 0061
Price: less than US$10
Rating: 5
Theme: American

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

Comments

sue_stone Used To Live Here!

Have you been to London?