VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Avoid I-580 Morning and Evening Rush Hours" Livermore Transportation Tip by AlbuqRay

Livermore Transportation: 2 reviews and 2 photos

Cows Ignoring I-580 Morning Traffic
by AlbuqRay

We typically fly into Oakland Airport and rent a car to go to Livermore. To get there, you go south on I-880 to Highway 238, which turns east toward the Castro Valley and merges with I-580 east. When traffic is good, it is about a 45 minute drive (27 miles). However, during the evening or morning rush hours, I-580 can be a mess. It is the main artery to the bedroom communities to the west of Livermore. The trip can easily take two hours. You can see in the picture that Livermore is still a pretty rural area, but the morning traffic west into Oakland can be bumper to bumper in all three lanes. The cows didn't mind though; they were already at home (so to speak).

Mode: TO
Type: Other

• Updated Jan 2, 2006

Comments

AlbuqRay Visits Here Frequently!

AlbuqRay

“Karma with free will: we earn our destiny by choosing among countably infinite eigenstates”

Have you been to Livermore?