Cavo D'Oro: "Italian food in a romantic setting" Top 5 Page for this destination Naxos Island Restaurant Tip by SWFC_Fan

Naxos Island Restaurants: 55 reviews and 106 photos

Cavo D'Oro restaurant, Agios Prokopios, Naxos
      Cavo D'Oro restaurant, Agios Prokopios, Naxos
      Cavo D'Oro contact card
    by SWFC_Fan

Cavo D'Oro is an Italian restaurant in the laid-back beach resort of Agios Prokopios, about 6km from the island's capital, Naxos Town.

I ate here one night during my visit to the island in September 2005.

As well as an extensive menu of pasta, pizzas and seafood dishes, the restaurant also has a selection of Greek and international cuisine.

The outdoor tables (shaded under a cover of vines and trees) are set in a romantic courtyard with water features and views out to sea.

Waiter service is friendly, but was a little slow on the night that I dined there - but in their defence it was very busy!

Favorite Dish: I ate here once in September 2005:

For my starter, I had a large bowl of minestrone soup with slices of crusty bread.

For my main, I had spaghetti with shrimps. This was a large plate of spaghetti in a tomato sauce with around half a dozen large, shelled shrimps. Peeling the shells off the shrimps was a little messy (especially as they were covered in sauce), but it was worth the effort!

I had fruit and ice-cream for my dessert.

Prices were a little above average - but not significantly so. From memory, my starter cost maybe 3 or 4 Euros, my main 8 to 10 Euros and my dessert 3 to 4 Euros.

Address: Agios Prokopios, Naxos
Price Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Opposite the beach in the small resort of Agios Prokopios (6km from Naxos Town).
Phone: 22850 41877
Price: US$11-20
Rating: 4
Theme: Italian

• Written Dec 30, 2005

“Next stops: Chile (November), Cluj-Napoca (December)”

Have you been to Naxos Island?