Chick-fil-A: "Not Hamburgers" Top 5 Page for this destination Fort Walton Beach Restaurant Tip by grandmaR

Fort Walton Beach Restaurants: 35 reviews and 71 photos

Bob going into the Chick-Fil-A
      Bob going into the Chick-Fil-A
  • Counter - Fort Walton Beach
      My salad
      Fruit cup
      Carrot salad
    by grandmaR

In 1946, Truett Cathy opened the Dwarf Grill in Hapeville, a suburb of Atlanta. The first Chick-fil-A was opened in Atlanta's Greenbriar Mall in 1967. Chick-fil-A expanded in GA and SC until in 2000 they had more than $1 billion system-wide sales. By 2003, Chick-fil-A had expanded to the Western US (UT, AZ and CA). They are always closed on Sunday.

We wanted to have lunch after we drove over the Butler bridge, and Bob said he had never been to Chick-Fil-A, so we stopped there. I had been to Chick-Fil-A previously.

I suppose technically this particular restaurant is in Destin, but there are two in Fort Walton Beach proper. This one had a playland for the kids with it - outdoors. The other two are:

Santa Rosa Mall - Unit #265
300 Mary Esther Cut-Off
Mary Esther, FL 32569

Beal Parkway FSU - Unit #1447
743 Beal Parkway, NW
Ft. Walton Beach, FL 32547

While we were eating in the restaurant, a man came around and gave us cards which said he was a deaf mute and asked for $1 for 'better communication'. I gave the card back to him without the $1. I've never been approached by a panhandler actually inside a restaurant before.

Favorite Dish: Chick-fil-A has mostly chicken sandwiches, nuggets and strips. They also have wraps and salads. No hamburger. They have fries or you can substitute a fresh fruit cup for an additional 55 cents. A picture of a fruit cup from my previous visit is photo #4, and carrot salad from a previous visit is #5.

Classics * Chick-fil-AŽ Chicken Sandwich * Chick-fil-AŽ Chargrilled Chicken Sandwich * Chick-fil-AŽ Chargrilled Chicken Club Sandwich * Chick-fil-AŽ Chicken Salad Sandwich * Chick-fil-A Chick-n-StripsŽ (4 or 6-count) * Chick-fil-AŽ Nuggets (4-6 in Kid's Meal or 8-12 pack)

Desserts * IcedreamŽ Cup * IcedreamŽ Cone * Chick-fil-AŽ Cheesecake * Chick-fil-AŽ Lemon Pie *

For lunch, Bob had chicken nuggets and I had a chicken strip salad (pictured) for a total lunchtime bill of $9.95

Address: 1063 Highway 98 East
Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Phone: 850/654-5534
Rating: 3
Theme: Fast Food

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

“" adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”

Have you been to Fort Walton Beach?