VirtualTourist.com will close on Feb 27th.

"Pouvez-vous trouver la tete!?" La Tour Eiffel Tip by lohki

La Tour Eiffel, Paris: 603 reviews and 1,084 photos

Doesn't look that big to me.
by lohki

Yet another truly enjoyable experience.
I had decided to mail postcards from the post office on the first level, and though I was delighted to watch the sunset from up there my timing was bad; the post office had already closed!

On a lighter note, I DID get to meet Fred who was working in the gift shop that evening. He sold me the last two pre-postage international envelopes in the shop.

Drinking Kir, and writing postcards at Altitude 95 after watching the sunset behind Trocadero was so much fun that I giggle at the thought of it.
I read in a Toronto paper that they have built an ice skating rink there for the holidays. That may even top the rink at Rockefeller Center!

Address: Trocadero
Directions: You can't miss it!!!
I decided to walk through Parc Du Champ De Mars. Fun since you can measure the tower against buildings and lamp posts, as it looms ever larger with each step.

Phone: +33 892 70 12 39
Website: http://www.toureiffel.paris/

• Updated Dec 20, 2005

Comments

lohki

“"I paid full price for this freak show. Now nourish the child within me!" Homer J. Simpson”

Have you been to Paris?