Greek Islands: "Opa, Yasou!" Greek Islands Tip by keida84

Greek Islands, Chicago: 15 reviews and 35 photos

Chicago skyline
by keida84

This was a lively place on a Sunday night. I arrived a bit early so I went to the bar for a drink and to await the others in our dinner party. To my right there was a large table with about 10 people sitting there. They were obviously family or friends of the owners for they were conversing loudly in Greek and laughing with the waitstaff who brought tons of food in bowls for the entire group. It gave such a feeling of comfort and good cheer on such a chilly night.

Favorite Dish: If you like cheese then for starters you should give the Hot Saganaki cheese a try, it is flambe'd right at your table and oh so very tasty. I then had Pastichio which is similar to lasagne, baked pasta, ground meat and cheese casserole with béchamel sauce (white sauce). I honestly do not remember what everyone had as we were having such a good time. I believe Kristi had a lamb and beef gyro. Everyone was happy with the food I do know that and that we all ate very well as we had no room left for dessert.

Address: 200 S Halsted St
Rating: 5
Theme: Other
Website: http://www.greekislands.net/contact/contact.html

• Written Dec 16, 2005

Comments

keida84

“Travel far and wide, travel close and near...no excuses anymore,,,just do it and be happy.”

Have you been to Chicago?