"Santa Clara...where Che remainings rest" Top 5 Page for this destination Cuba Things to Do Tip by russian_yaz
Cuba Things to Do: 396 reviews and 710 photos
Up until a few years ago, Villa Clara was virtually unknown as a tourist resort, visited only by tour groups which stayed a day or so to visit the Memorial to Ernesto Che Guevara or to discover some of the other enchantments of this province in the middle of the country.
The construction of a stone causeway linking the territory with Santa Mar?a Cay, a tiny islet just eight miles (13 km) long and a little over a mile wide, changed all this. Santa Mar?a has an excellent beach and fascinating land and sea flora and fauna-which makes it a marvelous place for scuba diving. The northeastern part of the province also includes Ensenacho and Las Brujas (Witches) Cays.
The town of San Juan de los Remedios, whose historic center has been declared a national monument, is just over 37 miles (60 km) from Santa Mar?a Cay. The province's capital, Santa Clara, has many places of historic and cultural interest, and the people who live here are noted for their hospitality.
Part of the Escambray Mountains are in this province, which makes Villa Clara one of the best places in the country for ecotourism. In addition, the thermal and medicinal mineral baths at Elguea Spa will help to improve your health.
More Things to Do in Cuba (14)
More Reviews (32)
- See All Where to buy underwater disposable...
- See All Driving from Havan to Trinidad and back
- See All More random questions and answers...
- See All Tropicana Nightclub...not as good as U...
- Just some tips about nightlife in Cuba
- Just some tips about eating in Cuba
- See All Isla de Pinos...biggest island in Cuba...
- Cuba, an eternal summer...and economical...
- See All Really hot summer...be carefull...
- See All Cigars and Rum
- Casas Particulares
- Biking in Cuba
russian_yaz's Related Pages
Have you been to Cuba?Share Your Travels