GEORGETOWN Area: "Dining, (window) shopping + photography :-)" Top 5 Page for this destination Georgetown Nightlife Tip by matcrazy1

Georgetown Nightlife: 5 reviews and 15 photos

IN M STREET
      M STREET
      M STREET, GEORGETOWN
    by matcrazy1

I was in Washington, DC in October when it's getting dark past 6.00 pm (midday my time). I am rather a night creature. My evening/night over-activity was additionally increased by 6 hours time difference between DC and Tychy, Poland and my jet lag during the first days in the USA. But when our great VT-friends had gone away we thought about how to spend long night hours in DC. After long discussion (stay in a hotel or go to see memorials in downtown or...) we ended up in a wealthy district of Georgetown because Urszula wanted to see those fancy boutiques described in our Polish travel book.

Indeed, she was enjoying them a lot whereas I usually didn't go in but was watching the displays. I was also dancing with my camera and watching people. Surprisingly there were few people in the beginning but slowly more and more people were coming to do some shopping after work. Well, they close their fancy boutiques at 9.00 pm Mon - Sat and at 6.00 pm on Sunday as I remember well.

Dress Code: Maybe casual (sneakers, jeans, T-shirt) for visitors but most locals are dressed more formal (jacket, shirt, trousers, costume).

Address: Georgetown, Washington, DC
Directions: Main shopping street nice to walk at night is called M street. Map here
othercontact: http://www.georgetowner.com
Theme: Other
Website: http://www.georgetowndc.com

• Updated Oct 16, 2006

Comments

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Have you been to Georgetown?