"the treasury of Stift Goettweig" Top 5 Page for this destination Austria Off The Beaten Path Tip by globetrott
Austria Off The Beaten Path: 171 reviews and 386 photos
In the treasury you may see various precious crowns, like the one on my picture - it is the crown of Holy Mary, that is used at certain festivities for the miracle-working sculpture of Goettweig - it dates back to the year 1719 and was made by an artist in Augsburg.
Another quite unique exhibit is the "hand" of a large crab that was used as a powder-box - enlarge my other pictures in order to see it !
Stift Goettweig was also for a very long time a place, where scientists were studying and so these exhibits were also used to support their studies.
More Off The Beaten Path in Austria (50)
More Reviews (120)
- See All the cheapest train between Vienna &...
- See All 288 attractions in & around Vienna for...
- See All Kufstein: a great stop-over in Tirol
- See All Vienna: The SÜD-Bahnhof/OST-Bahnhof -...
- See All heavenly cakes and coffee in Hangar7
globetrott's Related Pages
Have you been to Austria?Share Your Travels