Ohana Maile Sky Court: "Hotel was not that great" Waikiki Hotel Tip by meliha

Waikiki Hotels: 49 reviews and 71 photos

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights during Nov 2005. We paid for a kitchenette that was supposed to be a Queen or two twin beds. I phoned ahead to ask for a Queen bed and they said that was not a problem. When we arrived and were given a room with the twin beds, they told us that the housekeeping service had no problem with pushing the two beds together -- that NEVER happened. They offered to switch our room when one became available, but a non-smoking Queen room never became available to us.

The best part about this hotel was its location. It was only 3-4 blocks from the Waikiki beach so each day we just walked to get to the beach.

The worst part about this hotel was the killer elevator! For the duration of our stay about 1-2 of the express elevators (out of 6) were broken. On the last day when we went to check out of the hotel and get our car, we had all of bags with us. First we had to wait a long time (more than 15 minutes) for an elevator to even come to our floor. Then when we got on we rode down to the parking garage and when we went to get out of the elevator, 1/2 way through getting out the elevator got a mind of its own and started closing on my body and bags! It almost crushed me and it took several of the other passengers to force the doors back open.

For the price we paid for this hotel I guess it was worth it since it was so cheap and we didn't spend a lot of time in the room. The view from the room was decent (the high rises and the beach).

Price Comparison: less expensive than average
Directions: 3-5 blocks from Waikiki Beach
Price: US$40-80
Theme: Hotel

• Updated Dec 5, 2005

Ranked Member

Have you been to Waikiki?