"Hermann Park" Top 5 Page for this destination Herman Park Tip by H-TownJourneyman
Herman Park, Houston: 15 reviews and 33 photos
Located 3 miles south of downtown & adjacent to the Texas Medical Center and Rice University is Hermann Park. With all of it's activities that are available and proximity to other attractions within the city, Hermann Park is one of Houston's premiere locations for recreation. The park itself has a nice 2 mile jogging trail around it's perimeter, and the golf course has recently been renovated, along with the driving range. McGovern Lake is located at the center of the park, and you can rent a paddleboat to cruise around it. Miller Outdoor Theatre has shows year-round that are free to the public. The Houston Zoo is also within the park, open every day of the year except Christmas Day. If you feel up to a train ride, the Hermann Park Miniature Train runs 7 days a week through the park. And with the Houston Museum District just across the street, Hermann Park is a great place to spend a day in Houston.
More Reviews (82)
- See All Fancy-Schmancy Downtown Nightclub
- See All Restaurant, Brewery, Sports Bar: Call It...
- See All Old World Style In Downtown Houston!
- See All Houston Turkish Festival
- See All Houston Astrodome
- See All Mega Mall of The Woodlands
- See All The Historic Rice Hotel Building
- So You're Traveling To Houston?!
- Feeling HOT HOT HOT!!!
- Space Center Houston - This is NASA?
- See All Beware Of The Speed Traps!
- See All Choose Hobby Airport
H-TownJourneyman's Related Pages
Have you been to Houston?Share Your Travels