"Hofburg" Hofburg Palace Complex Tip by filipdebont
Hofburg Palace Complex, Vienna: 217 reviews and 468 photos
Day 2 : Hofburg area
You can spend plenty of time visiting the Hofburg, there so much to see.
The big square with the big monument in the middle is surrounded by beautiful buildings.
With your face to the statue (back towards the Schweizertor - see further), you see :
- On your left side the Leopoldinischertrakt (Leopolds wing) (1660 - 66) residence of Empress Maria Theresia 1740 - 80 and Emperor Joseph II (1780 - 90, now used as Office of the Federal President since 1946.
- in the rear, the Amalien burg, built in 1575 by Rudolf, son of Emperor Maximilian, with a very nice Renaissance front and a beautiful Baroque clock tower.
- On the right side the Reichkanzleittrakt with the Imperial apartments.
Address: The winter palace of the emperor
Directions: Center of Vienna
Phone: +43 1 5337570
More Things to Do in Vienna (90)
More Reviews (47)
- See All Holzhackertelle (lumberjack dish)
- See All Tasting beer at the Centimeter
- See All By Tram to the Zentral Friedhof
- See All Zentralfriedhof - Monument **
filipdebont's Related Pages
Have you been to Vienna?Share Your Travels