"Arthur schmartha" Top 5 Page for this destination Cornwall Favorite Tip by iandsmith

Cornwall General: 79 reviews and 110 photos

Lady Guinevere I presume? Perhaps not.
by iandsmith
      Lady Guinevere I presume? Perhaps not.
    by iandsmith
      The island on which it sits
    by iandsmith

Favorite thing: Despite well intended efforts at denying your pocket of revenue and of keeping the place firmly in the public eye, let me state quite clearly that, in my humble opinion, Tintagel has absolutely nothing to do with the fabled King Arthur and the nights of the Round Table.
Dream if you wish. Me, I'm stuck in reality and prefer to see the world through those eyes, as anyone who has read my Verona pages will already know.
Let none of the above detract from your experience here however. If you are there on a day with clouds scuttling across the sky, ever threatening to dispense moisture and often carrying out that threat, then you could be in for a treat.

Fondest memory: Nothing quite like the excitement of being at a destination you've read so much about and now, you're finally here. The adrenalin wells up inside you and, sometimes these places deliver and sometimes they don't. Tintagel delivered for me though often in ways I hadn't expected. To see what happened, please continue to the following tips.

• Updated Dec 4, 2005

“The shortest distance between two people is laughter (note sign in picture)”

Have you been to Cornwall?