"Windsurfing and fishing" Kolbudy Sports & Outdoors Tip by matcrazy1

GO ON, PULL THE SAIL!
      LAZY FISHING
      ANY PROBLEMS?
    by matcrazy1

I didn't do it in Kolbudy. But I watched a few locals doing it. I am neither dedicated fisherman nor windsurfer. Both activities require equipment I haven't got and fishing seems to me even more boring than subbathing unless I catch a fish every minute. Winsurfing has been much more attractive to me since I have tried it in Croatia.

I especially can't forget an unique windsurfer. I saw a strange, very old and small car with a huge load on a roof: two sailboards. It parked at a hotel parking lot by the lake. The two guys got off. One was maybe 18 years old but his driver looked 80 or so years old. I didn't expect to see that old man winsurfing, never. I was learning windsurfing at my 30' in Croatia and I remember well a pain in my back. So, I was very, very suprised when I saw that old guy dancing on the water and learning his kiddy partner (maybe his grandson) how to windsurf. His physical fitness and energy really impressed me. I see now that I have a lot of time to follow him :-).

The next morning I saw another locals windsurfing and a fisherman who brought a bucket full of just caught fish to Hotel VIP restaurant. He sold a restaraunt a few of them.

Equipment: You may rent a sailboard and a boat for fishing (cheap!) in the Hotel VIP restaurant. But for legal fishing you should buy a fishing licence not available at place. Although I am not sure whether locals had got any fishing licence.

Address: Ul. Adama Waznego 1; 83-050 Kolbudy; Poland
Directions: Map here. Click on "lokalizacja hotelu i restauracji" (localisation of hotel and restaurant VIP). Read my transportation tip.
Phone: +48 (58) 682 76 74
Theme: Sports Watching

• Updated Apr 4, 2011

More Sports & Outdoors in Kolbudy (1)

Comments

matcrazy1

“Keep smiling, take it easy :-)”

Have you been to Kolbudy?