"Horrible Crowds!" Empire State Building Tip by I-Believe-I-Can-Fly

Empire State Building, New York City: 373 reviews and 609 photos

During our visit, lines were horrible at the concourse-level ticket booth. It took us to wait about one hour or so to reach the 86th floor observatory where the best observatory is according to my guide book. But it is almost impossible to even take a look of the city panorama from here. The deck was cramped and the security guards were paranoid with the crowds, directed us to stay in line and jump to the elevator immediately to reach 102nd floor observatory.

On 102nd floor observatory deck, we could walk out on a windy deck to observe the city panorama. The views is quite amazing. When the day turned to dusk, the light fog veiled the city, create an even remarkable views.

The Empire State Building provides a magnificent panorama of New York City, but the crowds make me think twice to give it a second visit. It took an efford to go down to its marble lobby, the lines were shockingly long.

Address: 350 5th Avenue
Directions: 1, 2, 3 or 9 (Seventh Avenue Lines), A, C or E (Eighth Avenue Subway) to 34th Street/Penn Station.
Phone: (212) 947-1360
Website: http://www.esbnyc.com/

• Written Dec 2, 2005

Comments

I-Believe-I-Can-Fly

“aaah... can't wait to hit the road again!”

Have you been to New York City?