"Expensive hostel in the heart of the old town" Top 5 Page for this destination Hostel Przy Targu Rybnym Tip by matcrazy1
Hostel Przy Targu Rybnym, Gdansk: 21 reviews and 9 photos
I have not stayed in Gotyk Hostel for the reason well seen on my picture. I called them two days before my trip to Gdansk to book a room. The receptionist gave me short information that there was no vacancy for that day because of the concert of Jean Michel Jarre. Thus I had to give up.
In Gdansk I've seen that hostel located, referring to its advertisement, in the oldest tenement house in Gdansk. Hmm... almost every old house in Gdansk was re-built after damages of WWII and the period right after the war, the damages made by both Germans and Soviets.
Now, I can say, that whenever I visit Gdansk again I will try to book a room in this hostel unless I manage to book less expensive room at Hostel przy Targu Rybnym.
Unique Qualities: ADVANTAGES
1. Location: in the heart of the old town, in beautiful but crowded with visitors, Mariacka street. About 20-25 min. from the Main Railway station (safe walk along pretty old streets at night).
2. The brick building looks impressive and very old. It's right place for a snob, I am sure :-).
3. No vacancy. The sign on my picture is often displayed in front of the hostel, I guess. No wonder, there are few accommodation at cenral location in Gdansk.
4. Price. In my opinion the hostel is a bit too expensive as for a hostel for backpackers (no breakfast). 250 zl they wanted per room for 2 (in summer) is 90 zl more than in Hostel przy Targu Rybnym. You pay for a better, I mean more snobbish, location and maybe (?) for larger rooms.
5. No parking. The Mariacka street is closed for traffic and there are no parking lots there.
6. Noisy street noice. Mariacka street stay lively till late night thus maybe a bit noisy. Better don't take a room with a view to the street unless you can sleep hard besides street noise.
7. Webpage. Their webpage (in Polish and English only) needs many improvements although it contains the up-to-date price list. They should improve their English as well :-).
Address: Ul. Mariacka 1; Gdansk
Comparison: more expensive than average
Directions: Walk eastwards Dluga st., turn left to either Tkacka or Lektykarska st., turn first right to Piwna, walk along the southern wall of the St. Mary's basilica to Mariacka st., the hostel on the right. About 25 min. on foot from the Main Railway Station.
Phone: +48 (58) 301 85 67
More Hotels in Gdansk (6)
More Reviews (289)
- See All To Westerplatte by car
- See All Where do they live?
- See All Private house of Walesa
- See All Few and little shells
- See All Bathing in the Baltic Sea
- See All Fresh, fried fish :-)
- See All Tourist info, amber, silver, gifts
- See All Not prepared for foreign visitors
- See All Not seen for years
- See All The best concert hall in Europe!
- See All The Motlawa river at sunset
- See All Travel books
matcrazy1's Related Pages
Have you been to Gdansk?Share Your Travels
Latest Gdansk hotel reviews
- Kobza Haus
- 19 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 13, 2013
- Hilton Gdansk
- 233 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 14, 2013
- Holiday Inn Gdansk
- 49 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 3, 2013
- Hanza Hotel
- 61 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 11, 2013
- Hostel Przy Targu Rybnym
- 21 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Oct 10, 2012
- Willa Biala Lilia Hotel Gdansk
- 14 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 7, 2013
- Hotel Zajazd Pod Olivka
- 4 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 28, 2011
- Novotel Gdansk Centrum
- 101 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 18, 2013
- Dom Muzyka
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 12, 2013
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 15, 2012
- Podewils Hotel
- 86 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 11, 2013
- Lezno Palace
- 9 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 19, 2012
- Baltic Hostel
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 8, 2012
- Vega Hotel Gdansk
- 1 Review & Opinion
Latest: Jun 24, 2011
- Akme Villa
- 23 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Feb 23, 2013